Just because Philippines has a wide number of islands and beaches, it doesn’t give you the entire picture about the country. In fact, there are more interesting things in Philippines that will make you fall in love. If you happen to travel to Philippines, then you need to check out some of these interesting facts about the country.
- There are over 13 million species of jellyfish found in the jellyfish lake of Philippines.
- In the world, there are about 8 species of clams where 7 of these species are found in Philippines.
- In 2002 in the city of Marikina, the world’s largest pair of shoes was witnessed at 7.79feet to be precise.
- Yo-yo is a popular modern toy used by many enthusiasts. However, the locals used this toy as a hunting weapon in the ancient days.
- In the city of Manila, around 3541 babies were recorded to breastfeed by women on May 4th 2006.
- In the year 1611, Dominican monks found the University of Santo Tomas holding the record for the largest population of Catholic’s.
- Bond, Bumbum, bing, peanut, etc. are some of the weird yet common Christian names of the locals.
- It was only after the death of King Philip II of Spain, Philippines came into existence.
- In the South Asia region, Philippines gained independence in 1945 after the ending of World War 2 which is also the first country in the region.
With these interesting facts, get ready to travel by getting the best package for Philippines tour.