Bake your English muffins — why not? While it takes a little bit of time to gradually dry-fry these muffins to provide them their name crisp crust and moist inside, the approach isn't hard. And the result is out of the world. You can also buy the English muffins and other goodies from the best bakery online.
- 1 3/4 cups (397g) lukewarm milk
- 3 tbsp (43g) softened butter
- 1 1/4 in to 1 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp (25g) sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly crushed
- 4 1/2 cups (539g) Bread Flour
- 2 tsp minute yeast
- Blend all the ingredients at a mixing bowl, or the bucket of your bread machine.
- This is a soft dough, which means you ought to take care of it somewhat differently than much yeast dough.
- Scrape the dough into a rough ball, and then cover the bowl. Allow the dough rise until it is fine and bloated; this is going to require 1 to 2 hours approximately.
- Prepare your griddle(s). Applying two griddles permits you to cook all of the muffins simultaneously.
- Gently deflate the dough, and divide it into 16 bits.
- The simplest way to manage and cook those muffins is to put them directly onto the chilly surface you will be frying these on.
- Cook the cakes over low heat for 7 to 15 minutes each side, till their crust is golden brown, and their inside is cooked. Remove the cakes from the griddle (or oven), and let them cool before appreciating.